MBP keyboard backlight - auto dims even when set to "Never"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mustgroove, May 18, 2008.

1. mustgroove macrumors regular

My MBP (15" 2.4ghz Santa Rosa) has a quirk with its keyboard backlight... I'm not getting anything crazy like some people have been reporting, but when I set the auto-dimming to "Never" in System Preferences, it still auto-dims after about 5 minutes... Every other auto-dim time setting works properly, but "Never" still auto-dims after a while...

Anyone have the same issue?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I had a similar issue with my 17" PowerBook. It made a difference when I set the preferences when it was plugged in and when it was on battery. For some reason it was losing the settings when I would unplug it, if it was plugged in when I set it. The other way around if it were not plugged in to start with. I hope this helps. Good luck!

3. mustgroove thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't seem to work for me, tried changing the settings on battery and on mains power and had the same result both times...

Currently using Lab Tick, which seems to work, but still it would be great to enforce the "Never" setting without resorting to a 3rd party app

4. mustgroove thread starter macrumors regular

**bump**

Anyone have any further ideas on this? 10.5.3 made no difference, and Lab Tick kinda annoys me so I'd prefer not to use it if there's a 'proper' fix available...