MBP keyboard has started playing-up and comp wakes itself from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hvaldivia, Jan 14, 2009.

1. hvaldivia macrumors newbie

Last night, the return key on my 10-month-old MacBook Pro stopped working altogether. Some other weird things: shift works with some keys and not with others. All the top row (qwertyuiop) works but if I hold shift, none of them do. / works, ' works, " works, but question mark doesn't!

The left shift button doesn't work at all.

Also, if I put it to sleep, about 10secs later it wakes itself up again.

And when I start the computer it automatically opens safari (as it should) but then gets stuck loading the Google homepage over and over and over again. The only way I can stop it is by clicking to another app and clicking back.

What's the problem?! Any ideas?

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I have no idea. But I had to return a perfect 5-day old MacBook Pro because all the keys from FN > Escape would stick, or make crunching noises are they were pressed down.

I'm a bit pissed as the replacement MBP has an inferior display panel, and 2 tiny tiny marks.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Sounds like a broken logic board to me, take it back to Apple, they'll give you a new laptop. Do this before 14 days are up or you'll loose the option to have the whole laptop replaced and have to wait months while they fix all the problems.

4. hvaldivia thread starter macrumors newbie

Which 14 days are up? Since the problem?

5. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

I think the previous poster missed that your laptop is 10 months old. Apple has a 14 day exchange policy, so if you have a new (<14 day old) computer with problems you can simply take it in for a replacement.

Since you computer is 10 months old it is still under warrenty, but not elligible for automatic replacement.

Back everything up and take it to apple, or if there is no apple store near you call apple and they will send you a box so you can send in the MBP for repair.

Good luck!
    -spg