MBP keyboard issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pbasser2, Jul 24, 2009.

1. pbasser2 macrumors member

pbasser2

At first thought it was just me but now I see that my U keystroke doesn't always function unless I hit it firmly. any ideas and if needs cleaning how?

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Hm... I wouldn't take it apart yourself. If you're still under warranty, take it in for the Apple Genius' to fix.
    Mine works fine, granted I don't have a MBP, but the keyboards are the same. Any amount of pressure, as long as the key completes the circuit, should register as a keystroke.

3. pbasser2 thread starter macrumors member

pbasser2

yeah what kills me is I type along and if am not paying attention i see stff(stuff) like that!

Oh yeah I love pulling apart my MBP! first thing I did when I bought it(used I can't afford a new one) is I made sure that all the screws were in place. I once got my Ibook back from service from a authorized apple store and heard a something strange well, ripped it apart and fond one of the logic board screws was rolling around. Since then I bought a grounding bracelet and a mini tool set now I work on all mine and all my friends apples, for free. you just have to be patient and very careful! They make them like old Volkswagen Beetles, they are made to open up.

4. adamk77 macrumors 6502

My MacBook Pro does this. It's not the 'u' key, but the arrow keys.

Of course, the vowel 'u' is much more useful than the arrow keys, so I would suggest you take it in to get it checked out :)

I don't use the arrows keys much, along with the fact that I use an external Apple keyboard so I just live with it.

5. pbasser2 thread starter macrumors member

pbasser2

yeah at home I am using a Motion computing bluetooth keyboard. I had one of those plastic covers on my powerbook and am thinking it might not be a bad idea for this.