MBP keyboard problems...anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pieman02, Nov 24, 2007.

1. pieman02 macrumors regular

I have recently noticed that while, especially in safari, trying to type, the keyboard just doesn't respond...I saw another post like this and the answer was apparently the ribbon cable coming loose.

I don't think thats the case for me though because it seems that every new page I load in safari, for example, comes with a 30 second-ish pause before my keyboard will respond, and its frustrating...

Anyone else having a similar issue at all? I dont remember if it did this before the update to 10.5.1...

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

My Mom's MBP has this issue and my MBP has been slow to wake from sleep...I'm off to take it to the Apple Store tomorrow for the Geniuses to look at it...I'll get back to you if they have a solution. :)

3. GoxKok macrumors member

GoxKok

I have the same thing over here dude. It happens rarely but its really annoying wen it does :(

4. fart macrumors regular

apparently this is a known issue. My keyboard/trackpad hasn't been working for about 2 weeks now. Started a few days after i installed leopard. Weird thing is, it happens in XP too. I hope its a firmware issue, but its probably hardward. My computer is out of warranty....ugh.

5. chem macrumors regular

This problem is the only reason I'm not using Leopard right now. I hope it gets fixed soon. SR MBP here.

6. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your replies...must be Leopard from the sound of things - come on update! If Im not using an external keyboard I seriously feel like throwing this expensive machine out the window way too often! lol

7. Billy Bob macrumors regular

well on the bright side the key board even with it not responding sometimes can't be much worse than the macbook's keyboard:D

8. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

The macbooks keyboard I am not having any issues with Returned my MBP because of the keyboard, could not take it any more

9. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Then your signature is innacurate :p

10. macjay macrumors 6502

3 months ago:

11. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

12. JSMencer macrumors regular

I am having this problem as we speak as well. It took my keyboard about 2 minutes to respond to any button being pushed before i started typing this. So what do we do, is it an update that we have to wait for, or is there something we can do?

13. GoxKok macrumors member

GoxKok

Well, if its a software issue, than the computer itself is immaclate I guess :cool:

Happened again today. I hope this gets fixed, I cant see how its hardware if everyone has been having this problem since leopard.

Maybe its like the iMac graphics freezing thing, and wil get fixed in some firmware update

14. JSMencer macrumors regular

OK so i went to apple genius bar today, for my iPhone, because it died for some reason wouldnt respond to anything. I got a new phone, no questions asked. That was nice, and i asked him about my keyboard, and they switched my whole keyboard out, again no questions asked. There was also a chip in my lower right hand corner of my macbook (cuz i dropped it, when it was in a case and it chipped off) and thats fixed now too because when replacing the keyboard its the whole top of the computer. I havent had this problem yet with my typing. I will keep you posted if something happens.

15. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome news for you lol..but that means I need to send my computer in if its a problem with hardware :/

16. ivan1234 macrumors regular

17. theman macrumors 6502a

My battery health suddenly dropped from 96% to 93%, so i decided to calibrate. when i plugged it in and turned the mbp back on it was really sluggish and the keyboard doesn't work. fixed after a restart though. whay leopard why? fix this please...

18. JSMencer macrumors regular

iiiiiiiiiiiiit started messing up on me again..... its been about a week since i got my new keyboard.