MBP Keyboard Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fleshman03, Jun 29, 2008.

1. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I know this is a dumb thing to be concerned about, but it'll bother me. My 2 week old MBP has the shift key sticking up.

It's raised and noticeable when you run your finger from the speaker grill onto the key. It also makes a clicking noise when you run your finger across the c-x-z keys to the shift key. Only left shift key makes the noise.

So... I'm sure there must be a ten second way to fix this. How? If I end up taking it to the genius bar, how badly will I get laughed at??

I know this is really a small thing, but I paid $2,500 for this bad boy and little things like that will annoy me to no end.

2. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Take it to the genius bar nobody is going to laugh at you. If you try to fix it, you might break it off and at that point they my refuse to replace it under warranty. I had a similar issue with a Powerbook keyboard and inside of a year the key fell off. I shipped off to Apple the last week of the warranty and had it back in a couple of days.

3. fleshman03 thread starter macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I have that line from Carrie in my head, "they're all gonna laugh at you... they're all gonna laugh at you..."

lol.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Sounds like the piece under the key isn't hooked up correctly, I have taken a few of my keys all the way off and put them back on. It actually has a "X" shaped plastic part that hooks the key to the keyboard. It isn't really hard to fix but the parts are very small and delicate, if you decide to do it yourself make sure not to loose anything... ;) :)