MBP Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ferter, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Ferter macrumors newbie

Hey Folks,

Had my MBP for a long time now - Been using it extensively for games (WOW, TF2, etc) and have fallen in love with its keyboard layout and the feel of its keys. As I am buying a new desktop computer, I need a new keyboard. As far as I know, and have found on the net, the only mac laptop style external keyboards available are the normal macbook styled ones ...

Does anyone know if someone sells MBP styled keyboards, or if their is someone whom knows of a way of cheaply getting a MBP keyboard and modding it into an external keyboard. ^_^; (IE getting a dead MBP and resurecting its keyboard!)

PS - I really don't like the MacBook style :)

Regards
    -Ferter

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

id be interested in this aswell

if you go into :apple: -> About This Mac -> More Info and hit "USB" you can see that the keyboard/trackpad comes under the USB section. so this means that they are connected via some sort of USB conenction, maybe it can actually be disconnected?? im not to sure ive never pulled a MBP apart.

i have my older CD MBP, and my gf has the newest penryn MBP, i find the newer MBP keyboards quite hard to use. they are a completely different feel!!!!!!

im completely in love with my KB, when the lappy dies :)() i shall be saving it no matter what haha.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

MBP keyboards are dead easy to take out,once you have taken out the battery etc & undone the 1001 screws all that remains is data ribbon to unattach,a few places do spare keyboards just google mac spares or something similar

Picture 3.png

As for the OP's question about moding one i aint sure

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yes thats all fine and dandy, but how do you then attach it to anything external?

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

If you look under the pic i did say i aint sure, i only pointed out how easy it was to unattach one,as you wasn't sure in your answer

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i dont remember reading that mybad, did u post that after i replied :confused:
    sorry

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

If you look at my edit time & your post time it's the same so mybad also,but it does show on your quote ARE YOU BLIND ?

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yes, yes i am