MBP Latch stuck!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarshallM, Nov 20, 2007.

1. MarshallM macrumors member

I know a few others have had this problem but now I do too! My MBP is around two months old and the latch button seems to be stuck in, so the lid won't close! How annoying - shall I phone Apple? What can they do - assuming I will have to send it back! :(

Also the B key feels really odd to press and always has, so shall I ask about that too?

2. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

You may not have to send it back for the latch; if there's an Apple-authourized dealer in your area, they can just send you to them and have them fix that latch up for you.

As for the B key, I'm not so sure about that, but there has been a couple other threads on that I believe.

3. b-gee macrumors newbie

Check your battery bay

Before you open your powerbook shell, remove your battery and check the latch from there - the latch is mostly visible from within the battery bay. When my latch got stuck, I found another post mentioning this, and when I removed my battery, I found a tiny screw stuck to one of the latch's magnets - at first it looked like part of the latch! The screw must have come from within the bay - there were a couple of screws missing! (I noticed that most of those tiny screws were loose.)