MBP ( late 2006 ) uneven brightness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snowmoon, Apr 1, 2009.

1. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Unretouched, unaltered ( only white balance corrected ).

[​IMG]

I know what the answer will probably be... but would any of you consider this acceptable? I only ask since sometimes my wife thinks I'm crazy. At least they can't claim this is an environmental problem. This is screen #6 ( replaced last week ).

2. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

If you have had 6 screens and they all looked like that you have another problem. Either Video cable is cut/messed up, or a video "card" problem. Or even a dent in the lid that is pressing on the back of the lcd panel? Apple should have known to look for these before giving you 5 replacement screens though.

3. snowmoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Nope, this is a completely new problem.

Screen #1, #3 were dust #2 had a bright corner and #4 had a flicker. Oops, that makes this screen #5... I get confused after all the repairs.

Ever since 2007 Apple has been swapping the whole top of the clamshell and not shipping them back to Houston for a display extraction and replacement. My understanding is that it's easier to do them in-store and it's less error prone since they glue the bezel to the panel.

4. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

I got that problem too with my 2.16 GHz 15" MBP. They replaced mine for 2 times and then I think they kinda gave up so they gave me a UMBP 2.4 GHz instead. Oh well, I still under AppleCare though. Wow, I mean 6 times, you should ask for a new laptop to Apple. :D:D:D