MBP(late 2008) and Directx 10

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macbook noob, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Macbook noob macrumors newbie

Does the new MBP support DX10 with the 9600m GT? And if it does, i seem to not be able to activate it in Vista 64bit.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The 9600M GT supports DirectX 10 under Windows Vista.

Did you install the Boot Camp drivers off of the first installer DVD? Have you run "dxdiag" to confirm the hardware information? Are you sure your game supports DirectX 10?

3. Macbook noob thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, i talked to my friend about it and i found out the game (TF2) does not support DX10, my bad. But while we're on this note, when i run Ventrilo it takes a very very long time to connect to a server, but sometimes it connects fast....it seems random. I've run it as administrator and that doesn't help at all. Any suggestions?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

That sounds like a network problem. You might want to try a tracert or a ping to see if there's a latency issue.

5. Macbook noob thread starter macrumors newbie

When i log onto the server on the mac partition, its instant. Also i've always connected to this server from my old comp, which was a mac, and had no problems. My friends, who all have vista, have no problem logging on. I know that when i press connect, i am actually connected to the server, but the Ui for the server doesn't show up.