MBP late 2008 - Bluetooth Not Available

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yishiang, Sep 15, 2010.

1. yishiang macrumors member

[​IMG]

Actually this problem appeared few months after I bought the MBP, but then I did the power reset (took battery out and hold power button for 10 secs), and the problem disappeared until last week when I did a new installation of SL.

So then I did the same thing, it worked fine for about 2-3 days.. then appeared again.. then I did the PRAM reset.. worked for 3-4 days.. then.. just before it happened again! :(

I just did the PRAM reset the second time..
    Wonder is this a hardware problem? Should I send my MBP for servicing? Thanks!

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Trying running hardware diagnostic from the SL DVD upon boot.
    Also check in more about this mac to see if there is an issue with the chip listed.
    that's all I can think of now but hoping you have AppleCare.

PS anything loose when you slightly shake it side to side?

oh yeah … do a search with your phone to see if it picks up your Mac.

3. yishiang thread starter macrumors member

Well, now the bluetooth is working fine after the PRAM reset, I need to wait until it disappeared again and do the hardware diagnostic.
    Nope, no sound when I shake the MBP. My phone doesn't find it either, as with my BT KB & Mice, they get disconnected, then the BT icon change to what is like in the screenshot.

4. yishiang thread starter macrumors member

5. bstern macrumors newbie

bstern

Exactly

I am having precisely the same problem with my early 2008 MBP. Problem is that my MBP is listed as not supporting removal of the battery except by Apple. Last I removed the battery to reset PMP memory the battery stopped working, and shortly after melted (expanded).