MBP Late 2011 clicking noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by P.Delong, May 27, 2012.

1. P.Delong macrumors newbie

Hey, I was hoping someone could help me out. My macbook whenever lifted (system on or off) it produces clicking noises on the bottom/middle left (the noise is like an iPod classic with the scroll wheel clicks it makes when navigating) and I have a solid state drive so I know it isn't the sudden movement protection since this feature is not included on SSD MBP's. maybe one of the the ram slots is getting loose?:confused: I'm not afraid to open it, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has/knows of this problem before i have to resort to that. Thanks!:)

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Not sure what might be causing that sound. I can say that it is not normal. I've got a late 2011 MBP running a self installed SSD and have not experienced your issue. Wouldn't hurt to open it open and check for any loose connections. Wish I had more advice/help to offer. Good luck in resolving the problem.

3. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

4. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Wow!!! You're the man. Still feel it's not a normal occurrence but nice to know what to do if it crops up in my machine. Always nice to learn new stuff.

5. P.Delong thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I took it apart and nothing seemed out of place. but when i put it back together it stopped clicking :D..