MBP late 2011, keep it or return it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kaiusee, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Kaiusee, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

Kaiusee macrumors newbie

hello everyone,
    i got a new MBP late 2011 on Nov, and they told me that i can return it up to jan 9th.

i've been reading about the new MBP 2012, and now i'm kinda confused, shall i keep this one or return it and wait for the new one in 2012. i know that could be up to 6 months from now . . . need help plz

and BTW, i really need a laptop. since my old HP is dead now.

2. happle macrumors 6502a

keep it...you don't even know how the new mbp may be. could have some issues since it will likely be a 1st gen redesign. but do whatever makes you happy. there comes to a point where you just have to give up the chase for a period of time and just pull the trigger and be happy with what you have until you NEED something more.

3. Akack macrumors 6502a

Keep it since you "really need a laptop." There will always be something newer and better coming soon.

4. Kaiusee thread starter macrumors newbie

i think you are right.
    i'm kindain between now. i really like it, and in the same time i'm thinking that i can get something better in few months. buy again, as you said, i donno how it will be ...
    Thanks

5. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

If you need a computer now, you need a computer. Technology gets outdated almost instantly. You can try and time it, but that doesn't always work out.

6. Kaiusee thread starter macrumors newbie

ya, i really can't wait 5 months or maybe more. i guess i will update the RAM later on.

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Buy now and enjoy it. Apples doing a good job of issuing updates to fix the bugs in Lion. Waiting is no assurance you'll benefit.

8. Kaiusee thread starter macrumors newbie

i already got it last month, the question was should i return it and wait! but i guess i'm gonna keep it.

and BTW, what are the bugs in Lion?

9. aCondor macrumors 6502

Everyone asks themselves this after a big purchase. Keep it. It's worth it.

10. palpatine macrumors 68040

i think adobe acrobat pro is messed up in lion. the mbp is a great computer. next year will be too. is it enough for your needs now? if so, don't sweat it. wait a year or two and upgrade then. you could sell it at a loss in a few months, but why do that when you are happy?

11. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

You will drive yourself nuts if you try to play the waiting game. You will wait for the early 2012 MBP, and then in early 2012, you will be wondering if you should wait for the late 2012, then the early 2013....

You need a laptop now, and the model that you have is a great laptop. Use it and stop worrying about what might be coming next. There will always be something new coming next. It doesn't diminish how nice your current model is.

12. VMMan macrumors 6502a

If you have to ask, then you probably should return it.

A buyer shouldn't have remorse about an expensive laptop.

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Buy it now, most likely I see another Spec bump until at least Late 2012, to Early 2013 anyway. That is too long to go without a computer.

14. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Keep it. If there's a major refresh six months from now that you just gotta have then you can always sell your old one and trade up for the new hotness if it's that important to you. Chances are you'll still be happy with what you have now no matter what Apple releases next year.

15. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Kinda answers itself, doesn't it? You need a laptop now, not in 6 months!

16. Kaiusee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all...
    you really convinced me to keep it...

enjoy the holidays ...:)