MBP late'11 and ML

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lympero, Jul 14, 2012.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Hey
    i bought a mbp late'11 (2.2quad, 6750(512), 8gb ram) and I'm really pleased with this laptop. Fast,smooth and no overheating problems. I really love it.
    Do you think i should stick to lion since i get great performance or upgrading to ML when released is safe.

What scares me the most is the performance of HD3000 with the animations etc of ML.

2. tyrell456 macrumors member

You will have absolutely no problems at all upgrading to Mountain Lion. This computer is brand new (and until a couple weeks ago still sold as the current model). There is absolutely no way Apple would release an OS upgrade that was unusable on computers sold as new the month before it came out. You will be absolutely fine upgrading to Mountain Lion, and the OS after that, and likely the one after that.

3. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Yeah ML is a pretty minimal OS performance wise...Leopard brought a bunch of new features followed by Snow Leopard which brought refinements and small changes. People loved Snow Leopard.

Similarly, Lion brought a ton of new features and ML only seems to be refinements and small changes. IMO it's just a more efficient, polished version of Lion, and there will be no way you will notice any differences with your laptop. It should run it just like a 2012 model would.

Snow Leopard is often regarded as the most stable and easy to use OS Apple has ever made, and I think that's what they're going for in ML again.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I would expect you will be just fine. Remember Macs don't overheat, even if it feels that way. They're designed to just shut down if they reach the upper limit.

5. itpro98052 macrumors newbie

MBP late '11 and ML

As a developer, have been running ML ( DP's and now, GM) on my 2011 MBP (17", at least) has if anything proved to be a significant improvement - noticeably better performance, battery life, reliability, plus runs cooler. a great upgrade - especially for 2011's and later MBP's .

6. proximo macrumors member

Probably even longer. I have a late 2007 MBP that is supported by ML. That's 5 major OS revisions (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion).