mbp LCD not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SolRayz, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

ok I don't know what is going on all if the sudden. Everything was working fine all day. I go to boot up which it does normally but I see nothing. Not even backlight. I know it even loads into osx becuase I can shut it down by pressing the power button and then return. The backlit keyboard works too. Could something have gotten disconnected inside? Help!

Edit: also I noticed that it won't go to sleep when I close the lid.

2. stiphone macrumors regular

Bring it to the Apple Store to have them check it out. Your :apple:Care will cover it since you just bought it.

3. amusiccale macrumors 6502

Out of curiosity, do you have an external display to connect it to? Depending on what the problem is (apple store is your best bet), you may not have a computer for a while and might be able to access your data.

4. SolRayz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Ok well thanks all for the responses except for the fact that I'm working in the Netherlands right now and getting to an Apple store is easier said than done. Luckily I found several threads on the Apple support forums with similar issue possibly involving the latest EFI firmware update. The issues described mirrored mine to the tee.

The good news is I found a solution detailed at the following link. Thanks anyways.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1478474&tstart=0