MBP + Leopard DVD HELLPP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kylepro88, Feb 23, 2008.

1. kylepro88 macrumors regular

ok I just put in my leopard dvd on my new mbp. I want to fresh install so I did what you need do and restarted. It hangs at the grey apple...forever. Tried it a few times. Problem is I can't even get back to the current leopard install b/c everytime I restart it it tries to spin the disc and do what it did the first time.

I thought it was my 3rd party ram but thats all the ram I got, so I removed 1 to see if it would work with 1 piece, still no luck.

idk what to do.

2. TheJayWay macrumors member

do you have any third part apps such as Unsanity's Application Enhancer installed? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be this program that was causing the problem. The program MUST be removed before the install will work correctly. If you search around the forum there should be instructions on how to do this somewhere!

3. kylepro88 thread starter macrumors regular

Nah I got it, I'm a n00b when it comes to installing, booting, etc. on a mac from scratch, even though I've had my MacPro for over a year. All I had to do was hold the mouse button so the CD would come out then I got back to my current install.

I have 2 pieces of Third Party ram in and no original OEM ram so Leopard wont boot installation from the disc. BUT I can make a partition on a separate HD, put the disc on it, and hold option at boot to run the install of an HD....it just can't be my internal one. Then it works fine.

Thanks guys sorry for the panic attack :)