MBP Leopard Wireless Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ClemTiger0408, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

I know the wireless issues on the MBP with Leopard is a well documented issue, but I did some searching and couldn't find any kind of information on my problem.

Obviously, I have a MBP from August '07 running Leopard. I updated to 10.5.2 yesterday.

Ever since I upgraded to Leopard I have problems with the wireless network at my apartment, and my apartment alone. I use the internet in many places and the only problem I have is when I am at home.

On my home network, randomly the wireless will just drop the connection, usually not for long, just long enough for like AIM to sign off and back on. My home wireless is using WPA security on a Netgear router. I upgraded to the Netgear router from a Linksys router because I was having this issue and hoped that it would be resolved but it did not.

For example, my school's wireless is WEP and I NEVER drop signal.

I have this problem at home even when I sit next to the router, so its not a range issue.

Anyone have any ideas for me to try out?

2. Green2Delta macrumors member

I'd also like to know the answer to this. I'm having almost identical issues with my MBP. My desktop PC running windows works just fine, they are both connected to the same wireless network in my apartment.

3. P.Roy macrumors newbie

i was having the same problem so i called linksys and they made me change the encription to WEP, change the channel to 11, and TKIP instead of AES and that solve my problem with wireless... this is on their new ultra range N router, its the sleek black one. hope this helps.

Roy