MBP + Linkskey KVM not compatible

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gwerhart0800, Aug 26, 2008.

1. gwerhart0800 macrumors 6502

I finally swapped out my Dell D520 laptop for a 17" MBP. For my home office, I have a Linkskey KVM model LDV-212ASK that I used to swap a 22" Acer LCD display, keyboard and mouse between the Dell and a Mac Mini. When I plugged the MBP into the KVM and switched to it, the screens (both laptop and Acer) blinked light blue once second until I switched back to the Mini. I have an extra 22" Acer display, so I changed things so that one is dedicated to the Mini and one is connected as a second display to the MBP. I also had the keyboard hotkey applet for the Linkskey lock up twice this morning such that it would not do anything (no keyboard or mouse) and would not die if I tied to kill it with a "kill -9 <pid>". I have now removed the hotkey applet from the system and have to use the front panel button to switch the keyboard and mouse between the systems.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a 2 port KVM that supports USB keyboard/mouse and DVI video? :(

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

If my memory serves me right, not only do you need a KVM that has the right specs, but it also needs to be Mac compatible. I recall that when I was looking for one a few years back.

Belkin does carry a couple, and I believe they specify if they are Mac-compatible or not.