MBP load/charge cylces ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ocgirl, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

Hello,

I purchased in March a MBP (13") so, around 4 months ago now and I was checking my load cycles, and it said 99! I tried to check out other people's load cycles and saw some people had 20 months + macs under 30 cycle counts !!

So I was just wondering if I had been misusing my battery in any way ? Since it's vacation, the mac stays mostly plugged in, except for some times when I take it with me until it runs low (to a few % left).

I'm beginning to worry as I have read that the battery is good for 1,000 cycles, meaning I would have 3 years left only ? :(

Thank for any feedback or comments (how much cycles do you have too?) :confused:

2. mtip macrumors member

No. You have been using your battery. It's meant to be used. Don't worry and carry on, everything is peachy.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery when you need to and plug it in when you can. Just make sure not to always run on AC power. Also, your battery doesn't die after 1000 cycles. For details, read the link below. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: