MBP: Loud Fan/Question Sign/Apple Logo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMayne, Jul 20, 2011.

1. iMayne macrumors newbie

iMayne

Hi

I have searched this forum before posting but still no solution to what I'm having.

My MacBook Pro A1278 was working great until I powered off. On powering back on, I got a flashing folder with question sign. Now that, I thought, was caused by a faulty hard drive. I've changed the hdd but same issue. I purchased a new 10.6.3 installation disc from the Apple Store hoping to boot from it.

So what is going on? Pressed power button, insert disk then restart. Powered back on the fan starts to spin fast then it goes to the apple logo and sits there. I removed hdd, held "c" I got same loud fan and it boots to the apple logo (from installation disc).

I have done SMC reset and PRAM reset does not work at all. Do I have a "RIP" logic board? I have no warranty.

Regards.

2. iMayne thread starter macrumors newbie

iMayne

Any help?

Ive found faulty camera cable. If I remove it the mbp boots perfectly but I now have a keyboard issue; few keys work and yet no backlight in dark/light areas.:confused:

3. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Sounds like a faulty logic board if you ask me. Did you spill any liquids on the computer or damage it in any other way?

4. iMayne thread starter macrumors newbie

iMayne

No. Now liquid spill. This is weird. The first issue was a failing hdd and i replaced it. Now I see many issues. Weired. Got it off ebay and was using it for 3 months with no issue.