MBP Low Battery Notification

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pw1981, Nov 30, 2008.

1. pw1981 macrumors member

Why doesn't my MBP tell me the battery is low with something other than the little icon at the top? No pop up box of any kind just *poof* and a black screen in the middle of a sentence.

I do very rarely get a low battery warning window but it arrives on scene with a mere 5 minutes or less and, sometimes I see it pop up as the *poof* occurs.

Is there a way to see a low bat notification with, say, 15 minutes of juice remaining and to force that notification to the top of the active windows?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

That doesn't sound right. Mine always pops up with a box and a sound when my battery is about 10% left.

3. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

same here; with 10 minutes of juice left, I get a warning letting me know I'm running on reserve power and that I should plug in right away.

What's the health like on your battery? Are you running any CPU or HDD intensive apps at the time (something that would suck the life out of your battery before you can get notified)?

4. dantidote macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. Called apple and they got me a new battery in like 2 days.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod