Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pw1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Tampa Bay
Why doesn't my MBP tell me the battery is low with something other than the little icon at the top? No pop up box of any kind just *poof* and a black screen in the middle of a sentence.

I do very rarely get a low battery warning window but it arrives on scene with a mere 5 minutes or less and, sometimes I see it pop up as the *poof* occurs.

Is there a way to see a low bat notification with, say, 15 minutes of juice remaining and to force that notification to the top of the active windows?

cptpower

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Calgary, AB
same here; with 10 minutes of juice left, I get a warning letting me know I'm running on reserve power and that I should plug in right away.

What's the health like on your battery? Are you running any CPU or HDD intensive apps at the time (something that would suck the life out of your battery before you can get notified)?

dantidote

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Same thing happened to me. Called apple and they got me a new battery in like 2 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.