MBP makes weird sounds with headphones?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Emrtr4, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

So I have a new Macbook Pro which is absolutely beautiful (the backlit LED display is stunning). And while everything is working great, there is one thin I have noticed.

When using my Shure E3C headphones, I notice a series of slight beeps whenever I use increase or decrease or increase the volume; it also happens for the first few seconds after I turn on any sound source (itunes, a youtube clip, etc..). I am not quite sure what to make of it; it almost sounds like interference from another signal, or perhaps even a noise the space ship would make from close encounters of the 3rd kind.

Could this be some kind of problem with my soundcard? Is the NSA hacking my macbook pro? Are little green men in my Shures?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. MickdyMickdyMAC macrumors member

Mine has aliens as well, but I've made peace with them.

Sorry I don't have an "exorcism" answer for you.

3. KompleX macrumors regular

i have the exact same problem on my macbook. there is a discussion on this issue on another forum, and they say that osx shuts down the sound hardware whenever a sound source is stopped. this might be true as i get those annoying noises whenever i stop playback, and start it again.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Join the club kids... :(
    Here is the link for the thread we've had for awhile now.