MBP making noise when i move it. normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uga2014, Jul 9, 2010.

1. uga2014 macrumors newbie

i have the newest macbook pro and i ordered one on the day they were launched. I noticed that when i pick up and move the laptop while it is in use, i hear a noise, almost sounds like a fan is rubbing on something.

Do others experience this same thing and is it something to worry about? the noise is feint but it's there. Thanks!

2. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

It's your HDD that stops when it feels movement so it doesn't damage in case of a drop

3. kmccmk9 macrumors newbie

A lot of people have been hearing this noise. All of the students with me in my class hear it too. We all have different MacBook's and MacBook Pro's. So whatever it is, its not uncommen

4. JTA60288 macrumors member

It's the sudden-motion sensor. Whenever it detects a sudden move, it locks the hard drive heads for protection in case of a drop.

5. erasr macrumors 6502

A clink noise? If so, yeah it's the motion sensor thing.

I've read people saying it can't be the motion sensor because it happens when their mbp is off too. But this noise only happens on mine if I knock it or move it quickly, when it's on, or when I've only just shut the lid (few seconds afterwards - HDD must be still running slightly).

6. uga2014 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help. i wont worry about it then.

7. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Thanks for this.