MBP (merom) Sept. 12?

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
419
0
What are the chances of the new MBP comming out tomorrow (the 12th)? From the looks of the event i would ordinarily say no. Looking at all (and yes i mean ALL) the other computer manufacturers, they have released merom notebooks, so when is apple going to release these babies?
 

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
1,248
11
most say no.

the wishful thinkers like me say yes.

no matter what, I'm gonna buy two macbooks tuesday. but with my curse, apple will release the update macbooks on wednesday. :(
 

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,866
0
DSchwartz88 said:
What are the chances of the new MBP comming out tomorrow (the 12th)? From the looks of the event i would ordinarily say no. Looking at all (and yes i mean ALL) the other computer manufacturers, they have released merom notebooks, so when is apple going to release these babies?
OMG... just can't resist the urge to post, can you
this is literally be discussed to death... we don't know anything new today than we did 2 weeks ago, so there's PLENTY discussion on this... can you not search for them?

to your question: it's around 50%, with 50% margin of error.

(seriously... people)
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,546
88
bearbo said:
OMG... just can't resist the urge to post, can you
this is literally be discussed to death... we don't know anything new today than we did 2 weeks ago, so there's PLENTY discussion on this... can you not search for them?

to your question: it's around 50%, with 50% margin of error.

(seriously... people)
Someone should do a search and count how many merom threads there are :p My bet at least over 50!
 

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,866
0
viccles said:
Someone should do a search and count how many merom threads there are :p My bet at least over 50!
there are 128 thread with merom in its title
that doesn't include any thread that started off discussing something, then turned into a "is there gonna be merom next tuesday"
that doesn't include any misspelling of merom (memrom, mermom, etc)
... when i say it's been discussed to death, i meant it

Demon Hunter said:
It will be this month for sure.
lol, for sure, eh?:rolleyes
 

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
677
0
California.
Update the MBP?!? I never thought of that! :p

Yeah, I'd like to see the 15" grow a fw800 and some merom processing cojones (or did I just say something totally different - different thread) but....


I'm thinking an update for the iTunesMS and an all in one home theater box called the iWatch (yes, I'm kidding).
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,546
88
bearbo said:
there are 128 thread with merom in its title
that doesn't include any thread that started off discussing something, then turned into a "is there gonna be merom next tuesday"
that doesn't include any misspelling of merom (memrom, mermom, etc)
... when i say it's been discussed to death, i meant it


lol, for sure, eh?:rolleyes
Count the mispelt ones and I guarantee close to 250! geez. Hurry up merom so that people can stop asking is merom coming?? :rolleyes: Then I wonder what will be next :eek:
 

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
1,354
91
Ugh. I'm starting to hate these threads, but here I am anyway. :D

I'll be extremely (and pleasantly) surprised if the new MBP's are released tomorrow. Tomorrow is not an event that screams COMPUTER to me at all.
 

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,866
0
viccles said:
Count the mispelt ones and I guarantee close to 250! geez. Hurry up merom so that people can stop asking is merom coming?? :rolleyes: Then I wonder what will be next :eek:
lol... let's just hope not the next thing after santa rosa (what would it be anyway)... in a week or so, santa rosa would be discussed to death... oh gosh, this war is not gonna end...
 

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
6,623
1,457
The MacBooks will get Merom in October. However, the MacBook Pro won't see it at all since Merom is not compatible with the new MacBook Pro case design which will feature an industry first self-ejecting exploding hard drive, especially designed for those of who may need to destroy all incriminating evidence when being chased by the feds, but at the same time don't want to lose the rest of our Macbook Pro. Pop in a new drive after you are released from interrogation and do a system restore and you are ready to go. Personally I can't wait.
 

georgi0

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2006
146
2
Cyberspace
Drop in prices...

Could a new Merom MB or MBP mean an immediate price drop for thecurrent MBand MBP lines?

Should I wait till the new laptops come out to get a new one or you think this is not a case till xmas? :eek:

tnx
 

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
2,573
0
Clemson, SC
goodness, couldn't we have just waited the one day that's left rather than starting yet another thread about the possible merom laptop release??
 

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
6,623
1,457
viccles said:
If there are no upgrades tomorrow watch the millions of where is merom pop up.
Imagine how much you could make selling

got Merom?

t-shirts.
 

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
2,573
0
Clemson, SC
viccles said:
If there are no upgrades tomorrow watch the millions of where is merom pop up.
Yeah, I think I'll have to take a vacation from the forums for a while if they're not released tomorrow. :p

Apple Corps said:
Well, the good news is that nobody has to waste time reading them if it is not of interest to them.
but they take oveeeeeeer...! :mad:
 

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
6,623
1,457
Not being in the market for a book with which to take notes on my lap, I am more interested in the possibilities of the Airport related device for video streaming than anything merom related.
 

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
1,243
0
Montreal, Quebec
Honestly, I think I would cry if there is no Merom MacBook Pro tomorrow. I really need/want one, but because the update is SO CLOSE I just can't have myself order one. I think MacBook Pro updates tomorrow are likely.

•Sales review
•Chat about iMac with Core 2 Duo
•a really fast"Introduceing the new MacBook Pro/MacBook with Core 2 Duo"
•iTunes music store. and a demo and all that

"One more thing"
•Full Screen iPod

I thin it's likely. I mean, the obviously have Merom chips, and i'm sure they have them ready to ship. So why wait untill other companies start shipping? Afterall, the MacBook Pro is a PRO computer, so the pros want the top of the line and the newest and greatest things. Also, when you order a MacBook Pro now it's delayed for like a week or two, so that could also me an update. Apple might be keeping the "Ships in 24 hours" up because they know how us rumor people thing, and they want to suprise up.

So I think it's possible that we see updates tomorrow.

I could be saying this becuase it's what I really WANT but i guess i'll have to go to school, and think about merom all day, and knowing my luck, i'll be dissapointed, and REALLY mad/sad.
 

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
2,650
535
California
xfiftyfour said:
Yeah, I think I'll have to take a vacation from the forums for a while if they're not released tomorrow. :p


but they take oveeeeeeer...! :mad:
Mostly on designated threads - it is a hot topic for a number of people with needs unmet by the current MBP - especially as we are over 8 months since the announcement of MBP on January 10.
 

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
6,623
1,457
DJMastaWes said:
"One more thing"
•Full Screen iPod.
Or or or or or or or
new video Nano's and 40/80 Video iPods. You won't see full screens till January.