MBP mid 2009 Airport issue 11n

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UG.Frontera, Mar 7, 2012.

1. UG.Frontera macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if I'm not the only one to have this. I have (as mentioned in the title) a MBP that’s mid 2009 and has worked flawlessly since I have owned it. Recently I have brought a Netgear DGND3300 which is Dual Band, the problem is I can not see the N network.

So I opened up system report to check the network settings of the card inside and was confused to see that the country code was TW and noticed that the channels the Netgear broadcast on are not listed... Living in the UK I don’t understand how that happened.

Anyway I call up the apple support line and they were confused as to why I had a TW card in my machine and told me, take it back to the store you got it from and ask that they replace the card or the machine. And if they get shirty with me, tell them to call them back and quote the service number I was given. So I assume changing the country code manually is out of the question!

Has anyone else noticed this on their MBP?

Regards

2. UG.Frontera thread starter macrumors newbie

If anyone wanted to know. It would seem the wireless card picks and chooses what country code it wants to be, which is really strange!