MBP mid 2009 El Capitan?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by MacSafe, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MacSafe macrumors regular

2. mcnallym macrumors 6502a

Seems OK on my 2008 15" MBP. I do have 8Gb and SSD but seems OK. I did a clean install

3. randomgeeza macrumors regular

It is fine on my 17 2009, but like above, I have upped the RAM to 8G and I have a Samsung Evo 840 1TB SSD installed. I wouldn't like to see how it is on a traditional HD. I suspect a lot slower than you would like.

4. akkers macrumors newbie

I use it on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro 2.4 C2D, with spinning HDD 256 GB and default 4GB RAM. The system also has Snow Leopard.
    The boot time is longer than Snow Leopard but i find it pretty quick to use overall. No major UI lag anywhere. But this particular laptop is only used for webbrowsing,so my experience may not be similar to a normal user or a power user.

5. thekayman macrumors 6502

Very happy with El Capitan, runs much better than Yosemite. Granted, I have an SSD and use the discrete GPU.

6. Rclark03 macrumors newbie

Rclark03

It's been running well since beta 1 on my 2009 Mbp 2.26Ghz with 8GB of ram. It was a clean install on my regular HD as I have yet to upgrade to an SSD.

7. marclondon macrumors regular

i tried installing El Cap on one of our mid-2009 MBPs and it borked the filesystem on the disk. I can't reinstall Yosemite now as it's locked and read only. I can though access all the data. not that there was anything important on it. Disk is a 128GB Crucial SSD.

M.

8. chaleyer macrumors newbie

chaleyer

Just upgraded my wife's 2009 13" MBP to El Capitan 10.11.1 because 10.7.5 didn't support an iTunes versions that would enable her to restore from an i5s to a new i6s. Had to update iTunes, but couldn't bump its version far enough.
    I had bumped the RAM to 8Gb and installed a 256Gb SSD a couple of years ago.
    Anyway, the upgrade went remarkably well and so far I'm very happy with the performance. It even feels just a little snappier than it had previously. But that could be wishful thinking.