MBP Mid 2010 Poor Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zak1217, Sep 2, 2010.

1. zak1217 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I bought my 13 inch about two weeks ago and it's been awesome, except for one thing -- the battery, which was the main reason why I bought the machine.

On a 90% battery charge, I'm only getting about 2 hours 30 minutes. I was expecting much more and looking around the web it seems like it should be much more. Is this a hardware defect? Here's my battery information:

Battery Information:

Model Information:
    Serial Number: W00315DYLD3BA
    Manufacturer: SMP
    Device name: bq20z451
    Pack Lot Code: 0000
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 0201
    Hardware Revision: 000a
    Cell Revision: 0158
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 4963
    Fully charged: No
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 5735
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 15
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): -1988
    Voltage (mV): 11844

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. RsBddy929 macrumors newbie

RsBddy929

When first getting it, you should let the battery completely drain, and charge up completely a few times. (Batteries tend to get "used" to the way they are used.)

Also, I haven't tried this, but I've heard if you let it die completely, then let it charge up to 100%, and then immediately remove the power cord, it's supposed to help. But like I said, I don't know how true this is.

If you are having more doubts, take it to the Apple Store or call and tell them it is faulty. Since you just got it, you could leave it up to manufacturer error. I had a similar problem with my MacBook Pro, and even though I didn't have Apple Care, they replaced it free of charge.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not the recommended process. Read the link I posted.
    Not true at all. Read the link I posted.
    It doesn't matter if you have AppleCare, as batteries are not covered by the warranty or AppleCare, except in the case of manufacturing defects. Read the link I posted.