MBP mid 2012 battery condition.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jsd45, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Jsd45 macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if my battery is normal or if it's doing good. I got this MBP around June-July 2013. I use it for school and home use frequently.

Looking at Coconut Battery
    My Design Capacity is 5770 mAh- 91%
    Max Charge- 5248 mAh

And these are the stats from my Macbook
    Charge Information:
    Charge Remaining (mAh): 5175
    Fully Charged: Yes
    Charging: No
    Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5248
    Health Information:
    Cycle Count: 120
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 0
    Voltage (mV): 12442

I want my design capacity to be at 95% at least. Last week it was about 93.5% and now at 91%, it has me worried.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery is fine. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions, including tips for maximizing battery performance. If you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

The battery is fine, my max capacity was 90% and i left it charge all night and it went back up to 93%, and also download battery guard from the app store it is free.