MBP mid 2012 click doesn't work after sleep and plugged in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Raixiu, May 3, 2017.

1. Raixiu macrumors newbie

i have a macbook pro mid 2012 non retina 13", whenever after i close or when i charge my mbp, my touchpad click ( not tap ) won't work till i click it for few times, any idea what to do ?
    im new here, if by any chance i posted in wrong sub forum, kindly lemme know, thanks

2. Raixiu thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

The battery may be old and starting to swell, and if so, it presses up against the trackpad mechanism, making it harder to click.

My mid-2012 has gotten harder to click, too, and the battery monitor also suggests getting the battery serviced. I may get it done one of these days soon, whether I try it myself or take it to an Apple Store.

4. raholland macrumors member

raholland

This is exactly what happened in my 2011 MBP. I replaced the battery and the clicker started to work normally again.

5. Raixiu thread starter macrumors newbie

my mbp is only 1 year old, 250 battery cycles and battery health app shows that its stil good to go
    also the thing is, the problem only happened after i closed the lid / i charge it, after that, no matter how long i use it for , the click just works properly