Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tim86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I was 'bonding' with my new MBP and noticed I had a few screws missing (in the MBP) for the DVI connection. Is anyone else missing some screws??? I know I'm opening myself up on this one, but I had to ask.

I just switched from Windows so I could enjoy the Apple perfection and my first Apple hardware has screws missing from the case!?!?!? In my many years of owning DELL product I never had such an ugly mistake. Is this an Apple owners secert that I now need to be a part of?

I love my MBP except for the fact that it burns the S%#@ out of my lap.

Tim

Attachments

• MBP screws 2.jpg
    MBP screws 2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 102

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
It is not missing any screws, that is how it is supposed to be. The DVI connector is set back in so that the treading for the screws is completely internal inside those holes. Try connecting a DVI cable and screwing it in, it will work.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
LoL
Your computer is absolutely fine, I don't see any problems with it on the picture.
Happy switching (hey, haven't you missed a mouse on it? lol kiddin :D )

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
tim86 said:
I’m glad to see my ignorance has brightened everyone’s day.

Ah, it's a new system, and everyone overlooks little details now and then.
The day after I got my PowerBook, I went to the genius bar because I didn't have a microphone.

...I just didn't have it turned on. :p :eek:

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
yippy said:
It is not missing any screws, that is how it is supposed to be. The DVI connector is set back in so that the treading for the screws is completely internal inside those holes. Try connecting a DVI cable and screwing it in, it will work.

LOL. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.