MBP mouse laggy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Karpfish, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Hi,
    I bought my MBP the day of MWSF when I saw that there was no upgrade. In the past few days(right after my 14 day return period, and my machine is BTO so it would have been a hassle) the machine has gotten sorta slower. A reboot and reset PRAM helps for a little while, but then it goes back. The mouse will begin to get really laggy so instead of seeing it cover every art of the screen, i just see it jump around. The overall performance does not seem to be that good either. Any chance this could be my OWC RAM? I never used the machine with the Apple RAM, do you think its worth a try?

2. jamesybsu macrumors regular

My MBP has a laggy mouse issue when I open it from sleeping, and then its really laggy and quite annoying. I think its a problem with Leopard, as when I had Tiger I never had this problem. I hope it gets solved soon, because the only way I have found to fix this problem is to restart my computer.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

This happens to me sometimes when I connect another bluetooth device.

Annoying, but then I just turn off the mouse and turn it back on and it's fine.

4. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

This used to happen to me after I took more than 1 screenshot, but it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. However, my mouse disappears once i open it from a sleep. I can move the mouse and say hover over the dock. The dock will enlarge but still can't see the mouse icon. Strange. It comes back within about 10-15 seconds though.

5. jdahm macrumors newbie

I can show you where I live on my hand....
    Same issue, but possibly also a hardware flaw

This is a problem that has been occurring with my 2.4 Ghz MBP under 10.5 also.

About after a week of only sleeping the computer between uses, I open it one day and the screen will not want to startup for about a minute, after which the mouse (and entire OS) is so laggy that I am forced to (slowly) save everything and restart.

I tend to think that this is a hardware issue on my MPB since it only happens about once a week, and since my computer has a couple other issues I should take it in for.

What do you guy's think? Is it related to the problem discussed above or is this a hardware flaw?