MBP Mousepad noisy, jumpy, not respondeing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ktalebian, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ktalebian macrumors regular

Hi there,

This morning, out of a sudden, my mousepad has stopped working properly. It just randomly moves around, selects, moves screen, changes desktop, does not respond ...

What is wrong with it?! I swear it was working yesterday, and all I did since last night and tonight was close and open the laptop!

Thanks

2. Tritons macrumors 6502

I had once this with Toshiba laptop but it was software glich. (I removed battery) Since you can't really do it to MBP maybe restart it?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm assuming you mean your trackpad, not your mouse pad. What MBP model do you have? Have you checked to see if your battery is swollen? That has caused erratic trackpad behavior on other Mac portables.

4. ktalebian thread starter macrumors regular

hi there,

Yes i mean the trackpad. What do you mean by the battery being swollen? How do I check that? And I have tried restarting the computer, and nothing has happened.!

What should I do?! It is really pissing me off

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You still haven't mentioned what model you have, but to inspect the battery, you'd either have to remove the battery (if the removable kind) or open your MBP case, if it's a built-in battery. Some batteries swell up if they're defective or near the end of their life. This swelling can put pressure on the trackpad from underneath. If you're not sure, take your Mac to Apple and let them check it.

6. ktalebian thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

Yes, I mean the trackpad.
    I have the latest MBP.
    I have tried restarting it.

What is swollen battery? How do I check for that?!

Thanks

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I answered that question in my last post. Did you read it?