MBP Multi Touch Trackpad

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by HadItWithWindow, Mar 12, 2012.

1. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

I am running Win8 on bootcamp on the MBP. Everything works except the multitouch trackpad on the MBP.

There is software to make this work. I am running Lion. However, it says I need driver updates 4.0 from bootcamp which I cannot locate to install.

Can someone point me to the Bootcamp 4.0 for 64 bit drivers update?

Every search I do comes up with "requirements" but not an actual link to the updates and it is not on my Snow Leopard disc. Lion does not come with a dics.

2. njaremka macrumors 6502

you need to run boot camp assistant to download the windows support drivers.

3. HadItWithWindow, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

HadItWithWindow thread starter macrumors regular

Is Bootcamp Assistant found on the OSX side of Bootcamp or the Win8 side?Disregard this question. I found the answer while reading further on this forum. :)Another problem I'm having is Office 2010 will not show up in the apps screen on the Win side but Excel and Word are there if I search long and hard for it.

I know how to point and click but when it comes to understanding operating systems I have a long way to go.

I downloaded the updates from Bootcamp such as 3.1 and 3.2 and 3.3 Is it possible some of those should not have been updated for 64 bit running MacBP? I still can't find update 4.0 that is required to load the trackpad driver.