MBP my oppinion on "problems"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bxstylez, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. bxstylez macrumors newbie

    Apr 20, 2006
    I wanted to post this in another topic but it was locked. so here it goes.

    1. i agree some MBPs have problems.
    2. i agree MOST do not have problems.

    so basically in the post below it was argued that the apple reps are lying when they say they never heard of heat or whine. And if they did hear about it they say its normal. I dont think they are lying when they say they never heard about it (maybe some havnt, who knows) BUT when they say its normal i think thats weird. if a "faulty" MBP is normal then i guess one with NO problems is actually the one that has problems lol.
    so if lets say 90% of the people have perfect comps and 10% have the whine does that mean that apple should just say. well 90% is fine and we dont have to fix the rest?

    basically i say even though it is/could be a very small percentage that have problems. they still have problems that should be fixed. that goes for any company.

    not trying to start any wars in here. im not taking sides. just my oppinion.
  2. blueflame macrumors 6502a


    Apr 3, 2003
    Studio City
    just to add my 2c

    i had a MBP with the whine, i felt it was loud, the replaced it with a rev d, and the whine is 90% gone, well within what i consider resonable
  3. bxstylez thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 20, 2006
    that sounds good. mine is like yours. low enough to not bother me. BUT i still feel if 90% are perfect then the other 10% should be too. If they ALL made noise we would be more likely to believe any noise was within specs. But in this case most do not make noise therefor NONE should make noise. if that makes sense. once again this goes for any product from any company.
  4. eVolcre macrumors 68000


    Jan 7, 2003
  5. bxstylez thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 20, 2006
    yup i do. thats why i wanted to add to it. if a product is produced and 4 out of 5 work and 1 has a problem, no matter how slight it is, that problem should be resloved. thats why i believe that if there are a super high % of MBs that are indeed totally silent then our "whiney" ones will be fixed eventually. i just think complaining on boards is the wrong way to go. everyone should just call apple untill they know what % of people have problems and demand fixes. :)
  6. eVolcre macrumors 68000


    Jan 7, 2003

    I did call Apple. :)

    Then complained. :p

    My issue really wasn't with the issues. Sure, I expected it. My issue was with what the 'expert' told me.

    Anyway, I'm not going down this path again ... Carry on. I'll watch :)
  7. student_trap macrumors 68000


    Mar 14, 2005
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    without seeming pedantic, 1 being wrong out of five would be 20%

    Otherwise, i think that the current problems with the mbp's is not right considering the cost of the machine
  8. bxstylez thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 20, 2006
    your right i should have said 9 out of 10 LOL. Just trying to be in a general area but i agree with you. a PRO machine should be flawless. Then some people say. Well this thing is super powerful so its gonna make some noise. well then it should make noise on ALL of them. LOL. well. thats all i wanted to say basically. no more need to reply i guess. :)

Share This Page