mbp n time machine

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omenlo, Jun 2, 2012.

1. omenlo macrumors newbie

hey!
    the deal is that i have a bkp in time machine, but recently because of a system error my computer was totally erased. now i cant import the previous state because of two reasons: migration assistant doesnt recognize the HDD i used for time machine, and because apparently, the system error is saved into time machine.

I saw that i can digg up a bit and recovered some files, but i cannot find my iphone bkps. I tried doing the [hold option] and go to GO on the menu bar, but this one sends me to the mac's hard drive, not the one from time machine. Any help plz? how can i get back the backup of my iphone from time machine? or the previous configuration of firefox, or the info from stickies? plz Im going crazy

(i have a MBP early 2010, core 2 duo @ 2,53 and the drive i use for time machine is an iomega)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd install a fresh copy of OSX, reinstall your apps and then use Time Machine to restore your data.

One thing to consider, perhaps your hard drive is failing and its not that a system error was backed up, but rather you're dealing with a hardware failure