Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattie12345

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2020
Hope you can help with the following. have a few questions about making admistrstor account on the new MacBook Pro.

1) made a new administrator account but it defaults to standard. Why?

2) if I were to delete the other administrative account once I have successfully created a new one, what happens to the iCloud login and iTunes account associated with the original Admin account ?

Thanks for your advice.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Hope you can help with the following. have a few questions about making admistrstor account on the new MacBook Pro.

1) made a new administrator account but it defaults to standard. Why?

2) if I were to delete the other administrative account once I have successfully created a new one, what happens to the iCloud login and iTunes account associated with the original Admin account ?

Thanks for your advice.

1) Just the way it is.... create it and change it to admin

2) Nothing - the accounts will still exist in the cloud, they are not specific to a machine and do not "go away" when removed from a machine as they could potentially be linked to several machines and devices.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Go to users and groups pref pane.

Click the lock at the lower left corner and enter the password for the account you're in.

Click "login options" above the lock.

There is a popup menu for "automatic login".
Try setting this to "off".
Then close system preference and reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.