MBP New Release Soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jordan9279, Sep 22, 2009.

  1. Jordan9279 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    #1
    Hello, I'm planning on buying a MacBook Pro but I'm not sure if I should buy it now or wait until this Spring to purchase it. Any idea on when the new release will be?
     
  2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

    ziggyonice

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Location:
    Rural America
    #2
    Checkout the Buyer's Guide. It could happen in the spring... although the MBPs were just updated a couple months ago, so now's a better time than any.
     
  3. Scottsdale macrumors 601

    Scottsdale

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    #3
    I feel it's just as likely that the MBP will be updated in October/November as in Spring. The MB is rumored to be released/updated soon. All of the technology expected in the next MBP is now or will be shortly ready.

    Arrandale CPU - ready soon
    Nvidia 200m or other graphics - now ready
    USB 3 - now ready
    BluRay - been ready and Apple seems like it has accepted people want with rumored support in iTunes and QT

    In addition, Apple seems to be updating more frequently given it needs to so buyers justify updating now instead of later in bad economy. For Apple to keep MBP sales up during holidays it will need to update. I actually think we will get more frequent spec bump updates for the next several years as Apple realizes sales soar with each bump. A BluRay capable Mac for the holidays would justify purchases for many.

    If you need it now, buy it, but if you can wait I believe you will be rewarded.
     
  4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

    ziggyonice

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Location:
    Rural America
    #4
    Thank you, Mr. 8-ball. ;)
     
  5. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #5
    Depends on Intel. If Arrandale will be ready in a month or so, update is likely before 2010 but if it's delayed to late Nov/Dec or 2010, then we may not see update before 2010. Time will show us.

    BTW, no USB3 yet in Macs IMO. Maybe mid 2010
     
  6. Jordan9279 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    #6
    I guess I'll just wait for the next release then I'll buy it.
     

Share This Page