MBP no longer connects to network after AirPort Utility update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jrrdnx, Jan 6, 2011.

1. jrrdnx macrumors member

jrrdnx

Software Update ran yesterday and I installed the AirPort Utility update (version 5.5.2), and now my MBP no longer connects to my home network when the SSID broadcast is disabled. When I enable the broadcast the network shows up in the list of available networks and I can connect to it, then I can disable it again and the MBP stays connected. But if it's disabled to begin with it won't connect.

I never had this problem before the update, and no other devices on the network are having any issues. Has anyone else had this problem yet, or know of a fix?

Late 2008 unibody Macbook Pro running 10.6.5, all software is up-to-date except for the latest update to iTunes.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Try this, remove all saved networks from your preferences screen. Turn your laptop airport off then back on. Since your SSID is not broadcast, go to join "other" enter the network information and remember this network. Once that is done, turn off airport again and turn it back on. Give your laptop a minute and hopefully it finds the network, this worked for me.

3. jrrdnx thread starter macrumors member

jrrdnx

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. It connected when I first put in the information, but when I disabled AirPort afterwards and then re-enable it it doesn't pick it back up.