MBP no longer sleeps when plugged in (LION)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ri0ku, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ri0ku, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

ri0ku macrumors 6502a

After installing Lion on my 09 Mbp (in my sig) I have found that it will no longer sleep when the lid is closed if the mag safe power adapter is plugged in.

It works fine when its running only on battery. If I close the lid on battery the machine goes to sleep and the white light blinks as normal indicating its sleeping.

If I close the lid while the charger is in the white light stays on constantly and the machine doesn't sleep (Can still feel it running and the fan still going).

I tried resetting the SCM but this hasn't helped... and its only started doing this since I installed Lion.

Is anyone else having issues? and does anyone know a solution?

Edit: FIXED - Turned off internet sharing, file sharing, cd/dvd sharing and it seems to have solved the problem. It now sleeps while plugged in as well as when on battery. Hope that helps anyone who's having similar issues

2. Nikso macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I think that it's internet sharing preventing the computer to sleep.

Yet I wonder why. I don't really want to enable/disable various sharing every time I want to close the lid.

3. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458