MBP - No Nehalem or Quad Core Processor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vtorch, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Vtorch macrumors member

LOL....darn. I really thought and was that they were going announce Quad Core Macbook Pros. I guess we are just going to have to wait for WWDC, then?

2. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

we wont be seeing quad core in notebooks untill late 2009, even then it wont be apple who will start using it.
    most likely, dell hp, sony or lenovo.
    apple will debut it for q1 2010.

3. MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

I'm holding out for the Nehalem. lol I hate how the desktop processor get's the head start for retail....considering Laptops are outselling desktops for a long time now....they have their sales focus backwards...intel does.

If I don't cave in first lusting after the new 17" macbook pro + an LED 24" cinema display. :p

4. Vtorch thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but I believe Acer (or Sager) has already released a quad core notebook. I am not sure if it's Nehalem, though.

Quad cores notebooks are out there, alright. However Apple is not offering it....as of yet.

5. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

well i dont count sager, alienware or voodoo as notebooks.
    i bet their quad core mini(desktops) weigh like 15lbs and look like a brick with 1hour battery life.

mainstream notebooks wont get them until battery life, size and cost are met with current specs.

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Nehalem laptop CPU's are not out yet... the quad core laptop cpus out now are just Yorkfields which are the .45nm cores identical to that of Penryn, which is the dual core counterpart.

7. Vtorch thread starter macrumors member

Ahhhhh....I see. Thank you.

8. Vtorch thread starter macrumors member

You can count them whatever you like, but they are notebooks.

Don't bet know, but know....and you must know that quad core processors are in notebooks already.

As a matter of fact, I just did a little research but Acer and Lenova have quad core notebooks already.