MBP not booting after Windows Install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Minimoose 360, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Hey, I've been around here a while, and I finally have a problem to ask y'all. Yes I searched, and found a bunch of crap that didn't help. :rolleyes: But feel free to link a thread that fits my criteria if you know of one.

I have a (check sig) and just tried to install the Windows 7 RC 64-Bit onto a Bootcamp Partition. I had been using the Beta way back, but had cleared that partition in advance for a clean install. With that I had no problems...ran the 7 beta fine alongside OSX.

I followed the same procedure I had done for the beta install with RC, following the guide on the internet. Everything seemed to work out peachy, Windows 7 booted fine, I added all my settings again. Then I switched over to OSX to eject the disc, which was fine although the boot in was quite sluggish. I set the boot drive as "Macintosh HD" in System Prefs, and proceeded to try to boot into Windows 7 again....this time it was no go.

The screen came up with the white cursor on black, and then the "Starting Windows" showed, with the animation above it. At some point during the animation, it just froze. My fans were at normal speed and everything. I tried many times, same story. So I thought I would shut down, boot into OSX, and try to erase the partition and say F*** WINDOWS. That didn't work either.

When booting into OSX, the start-up chime sounds with the white screen, then the gray Apple logo shows up....and that's where it stays. I reset the PRAM, no luck. Any suggestions as to what could be the reason it hangs on BOTH boot processes? Because for a short time they did BOTH work, and I could not have erased my OSX partition or anything because I did boot into it ONCE after installing the Win7 RC. I also can see both partitions when I boot holding Option...

(and no, I do not have a Time Machine back-up of my data which is my fault, so I'm trying to not wipe everything out here lol)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Try booting from you install disk and see if you can recognize the OS X partition

You may be able to Archive and Install from there

Or, you may be able ot run Disk Warrior on the drive

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Minimoose 360 thread starter macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Well, I can see both the OSX partition and the Windows partition when I hold the Option key before I boot, but I guess I'll go find the disks, where ever the heck they are. Anyone else experience this problem first hand?

OK I found my OSX disk in a heap of garbage (not actual garbage) in my closet, booted to it, used the Disk Utility to check the Macintosh HD partition, verified, it said the partition was believed to be "ok" but I went ahead and repaired it, booted into it from the disc after quitting, and it worked!!! The weird part is that the "BOOTCAMP" drive was not shown in the utility, I think something was formatted wrong...anyway thanks Dawg!

(I have also hastily deleted Windows 7, never again.)