MBP Not booting, now fans run 6000RPM

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 7031, Jul 1, 2009.

1. 7031 macrumors 6502

Hey guys. Just been having some pretty big issues with my late 2007 Macbook Pro.

Basically, the other day I was playing World of Warcraft, when my Macbook ran out of juice. I plugged in the charger, left it for a few minutes, but no, it wasn't going to wake up again.

So I turned it off, and that was basically it. It wouldn't turn on again, regardless of whether or not the charger was plugged in. Eventually I got it to boot by doing an SMC reset, but now the fans run at 6000RPM and it says it's at 0C and the fans are running at 0RPM.

Which is making me believe that the temp sensor is screwed.

Also, it no longer detects my battery, and Windows simply doesn't boot. Mac OS does, but again, I get these issues. System profiler says that my battery has 0 capacity, 0 charge cycles, it is not charging, and it's essentially dead. However, if I unplug the charger, the Macbook continues to stay on, though I can't say how long this is for.

I'd also like to make it clear that the fans start running at this speed from the second it starts up, right before the grey screen appears.

I've tried PRAM and SMC resets multiple times with no luck, and I'm wondering if the logic board is just partially fried or something.

Hopefully you guys can help me, and no, it's not under warranty, though I do have home insurance which has covered this Macbook before after it got sat on and the screen was crushed.

2. 7031 thread starter macrumors 6502

No responses? I'm now guessing it has something to do with the SMC, but I reset that before (before I did it wouldn't even turn on), and now it won't even let me reset the SMC anymore. It simply doesn't work.

Any advice?

Edit: Reset the SMC, now it doesn't turn on.