Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dendanskesimon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Hey, for some reason my 13" MBP seemed to randomly decide to stop loading youtube, google, and yahoo about a month to a month and a half ago.

I can't think of anything that I did which should have lead to the change. The weird thing is that its only these sites that will not load at all while all others seem to work fine, and when i start up Windows 7 with Bootcamp everything seems to work fine.

I tried repairing disk permissions in the past, which didn't help, but I'll try again later as I'm working on an essay in Bootcamp right now.

Any ideas as to what could be causing my problem and what might solve it?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you tried other browsers yet? Have you taken a look at your network's DNS settings?

System Preferences > Network > AirPort or Ethernet (whichever you use) > Advanced > DNS.

dendanskesimon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
No browsers will load the sites when I boot up in Snow Leopard, but there are no issues in Windows 7.

Youtube wont load at all and neither will any embedded youtube videos, and no aspect of google or yahoo will word, including things like Google Maps and Google Translator.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
No browsers will load the sites when I boot up in Snow Leopard, but there are no issues in Windows 7.

Youtube wont load at all and neither will any embedded youtube videos, and no aspect of google or yahoo will word, including things like Google Maps and Google Translator.

What about the second part of my inquiry (DNS)?

And can you compare your network settings in WIndows 7 with the settings used in Mac OS X?

And have you tried resetting the browsers yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.