MBP not opening some websites.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macdeez, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Macdeez macrumors member

For the past few days my mbp hasn't been able to open up a few websites like facebook, my university portal, my online banking website and a few other things... I find it weird that I haven't been able to open up some of these important things like my university portal or my online banking website :S I'm going to call my university tech team tomorrow to see what its about but I thought maybe you guys could also share your opinions and maybe help me get it fixed earlier!

When I press enter it gives me "Sending Request" on the bottom left then a minute later it comes up with "Unable to load page" and this error "Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out"

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try resetting your browser, clearing cache and cookies.
    Try restarting your computer.
    Check your DNS server settings.

3. Macdeez thread starter macrumors member

4. simsaladimbamba

What was the problem then? And what steps GGJstudios posted did help you?

Just for future reference, in case someone does search for this problem.

5. jvang macrumors newbie

certain websites not opening

I use Firefox but have also tried with Safari. Certain websites that used to open have stopped doing so. Facebook, dropbox and some airline search engines included. This is sooo irritating. Please advise me whether this is likely to be a modem problem or a computer problem. I have an old powerbook G4 laptop and an Imac and it is true for both. My husbands PC does not have this problem on the same wi-fi connection. Where to start for corrcting this. Grateful for help
    jvang

6. simsaladimbamba

Did you try GGJstudios' recommendations yet?