MBP Not Responsive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AverisDaddy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

I had a SD card in the reader and inserted a blank CD to burn pictures from one to the other. Maybe I didn't start in the correct order but I ended up canceling the burning, ejected the disc and tried closing Finder. But now when I select close, the MBP makes a noise. I've tried selecting command + Q but it won't quit finder. I tried shutting down the MBP but every time it makes the noise on the screen that shows the Macintosh HDD & Network beside of it in Finder I believe. Point is, I can't get it to go away nor shut down. Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

Edit: The MBP is responsive because I'm posting from it, but I can't get the screen to go away nor shut down.

2. Cisco_Kid macrumors 6502

Cisco_Kid

Hold down the power button until it turns off, something like ten seconds....

3. AverisDaddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Done. Would you explain what happened? I didn't mess anything up did I? I'm obviously new to Mac, I'm just not sure why the MBP didn't want to close out said screen.

4. Cisco_Kid macrumors 6502

Cisco_Kid

You know I am unsure what would have caused the problem; however I've run into quarks with OS X and Windows before that only a reboot seemed to remedy.

I say you might want to open Disk Utility and select your Macintosh HD and click repair disk permissions, Macs are pretty much maintenance free beyond this point, the OS runs system tasks monthly, weekly and sometimes daily; I believe it should take care of any problems in the background if they are found while running these tasks.

You should be good to go :)

5. AverisDaddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.