MBP Not turning on. Battery showing one blinking LED

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elewrha, Aug 5, 2012.

1. elewrha macrumors newbie

Hi,

Sorry if this is covered in another thread but I have trawled and not found a concrete answer to my problem.

My MacSafe charger blew a fuse yesterday and since this my MBP will not power up and not charge.

I have taken out the battery and reset the SMC ( to the best of my knowledge ). When I plug in a different (working) MacSafe charger no lights come on. When I press the "info" button on the outside of the battery I get one flashing LED light.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem before? Do you know if the macsafe port is fried or is it something worse?

Many Thanks

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The single flashing light means your battery is dead.

Does the MagSafe adapter look damaged or burned? Is it frayed anywhere? How about the MagSafe socket on your laptop, does it look burned? If not, try it in another electrical outlet.

If it still doesn't work, try another MagSafe adapter(make sure it is the same rating as your old one, I'm guessing 85w).

If none of the above works for you, or your MagSafe socket look burned or damaged, you may want to take your laptop in for repair. Or hit up iFixit if you're a DIY kind of person.