MBP not waking from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bajanteen212, Jul 3, 2011.

1. bajanteen212 macrumors newbie

At least twice after leaving my mbp open and the display having fallen asleep, when I have tried to wake it by clicking the track pad it did not wake. I've had to turn off the computer and turn it back on by holding down the power button. I'd like to know if this indicates a problem with the software or hardware (maybe the hard drive?). I'm hoping OS X Lion would resolve this and other issues I have experienced in the past with SL - such as a pixelated window sometimes in Safari when moving back and forward between sites after having many tabs open, sometimes in iTunes, e.g changing from iTunes Store to Music Library I'd see some scrambled image for a second and then it's normal, and I having to hold down the power button to shut down after the computer would not shut down as I'd selected.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

have you tried waking it in a different manner other than clicking the trackpad? try closing it and opening it, hitting a key, or pushing the power button.

3. bajanteen212 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't remember. But track pad click wakes it normally.

This problem has also occurred when I've had my mbp shut and re-opened it.

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

are you running 10.6.8 by chance, and has this started after the updating if so?

5. bajanteen212 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I am running 10.6.8 but this has been going on since before I upgraded. More often though, is the second of a scrambled image on itunes when i click to change from 'Podcasts' to 'Music' for example, which would happen when I first use itunes after a period of not using it.

6. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Did this problem ever go away? Sorry to bring up an old post but I cannot resolve my issue.