MBP Now or Jan 08?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacHiavelli, Nov 14, 2007.

?

MBP Buying Now or in Jan 08?

1. Buying Now

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Waiting Until Jan 08 to see if a new MBP is launched

34 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Are you waiting until Jan for the possible MBP update, or are you buying now?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Buy it NOW if you need it, if not then buy whenever the new model comes out.

3. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I was originally going to buy one this month, but I decided to wait--I have nothing to lose really....I don't need it urgently, so 2 months makes no real difference to me...though I will need it by the beginning of the year--February at the latest, so if the update doesn't come in January I will buy the current model anyway...yeah I may feel a little bad when the new ones come out probably the day after I get it but whatever...the SR MBP is a good machine....if it does come out, well then it will have been worth it! :D:D

4. Yankees 4 Life macrumors 6502a

i cannot wait any longer with my windoze machine....

5. jameskohn macrumors 6502

Bought it...

I ordered a 15", 2.6ghz, 200GB MBP on Nov. 1. Regardless of what comes out in the next 6 months, I'll have a really nice laptop to take on the road. When something significantly more attractive comes out down the road (probably this summer, but who really knows) I'll let them work the bugs out before I consider buying it. By that time I will have enjoyed the use of this really fine machine, probably for the better part of a year. These machines always have good resale value, so I throw it on ebay and make a move when it makes sense. So while some people wait, and wait, I'll be enjoying my new MBP.

You can always make the argument to wait: January for Penryn (probably delivers in February), or next Spring/Summer for the new chipset... it never ends. Of course, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Good reasoning! I'd probably keep my MBP for the next 3 years (until AppleCare expires).

7. goranius macrumors newbie

Amen to that!
    Orderd my 15" MBP SR 2,6 GHz on monday.
    It's being Assembled in China as we speek...

8. linshiwen macrumors member

There you go, thread over.

(same boat)

9. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Dang, they work crazy hours over there.... :D

Congrats on the new machine! I'm buying in Jan!

10. TopRawman macrumors newbie

TopRawman

Buying now. Majority of bugs have been addressed in the current year models. I also have until Jan. 8 (not including the 14 days after) to return it if I change my mind.

If the new release is that much greater, I'll just wait until rev.B or C so there are no surprises.

Cheers.

11. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I'm waiting for the fictional MBP 11-13". It'll have been two years since the move to Intel in January, if there's no sign of it at Macworld, hell I'll just go with whatever's available.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am going to get one before the next semester starts in Jan. Probably going to wait and see what is announced at MacWorld.

13. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

44/56 close results. Looks like Apple will sell even more stuff in Jan if it releases a new MBP

14. nilocalling macrumors newbie

nilocalling

I'm waiting until january, but don't know what i'll do if there isn't an update. I really need a new laptop by march for my internship (12" PowerBook is getting too small).