MBP Now or Jan 08?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacHiavelli, Nov 14, 2007.

?

MBP Buying Now or in Jan 08?

  1. Buying Now

    22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Waiting Until Jan 08 to see if a new MBP is launched

    34 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

    MacHiavelli

    Joined:
    May 17, 2007
    Location:
    new york
    #1
    Are you waiting until Jan for the possible MBP update, or are you buying now?
     
  2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

    skyrider007

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Location:
    Bangkok
    #2
    Buy it NOW if you need it, if not then buy whenever the new model comes out.
     
  3. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

    MarlboroLite

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    the 13 colonies
    #3
    I was originally going to buy one this month, but I decided to wait--I have nothing to lose really....I don't need it urgently, so 2 months makes no real difference to me...though I will need it by the beginning of the year--February at the latest, so if the update doesn't come in January I will buy the current model anyway...yeah I may feel a little bad when the new ones come out probably the day after I get it but whatever...the SR MBP is a good machine....if it does come out, well then it will have been worth it! :D:D
     
  4. Yankees 4 Life macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    College Station, Tx
    #4
    i cannot wait any longer with my windoze machine....
     
  5. jameskohn macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2006
    Location:
    Connecticut
    #5
    Bought it...

    I ordered a 15", 2.6ghz, 200GB MBP on Nov. 1. Regardless of what comes out in the next 6 months, I'll have a really nice laptop to take on the road. When something significantly more attractive comes out down the road (probably this summer, but who really knows) I'll let them work the bugs out before I consider buying it. By that time I will have enjoyed the use of this really fine machine, probably for the better part of a year. These machines always have good resale value, so I throw it on ebay and make a move when it makes sense. So while some people wait, and wait, I'll be enjoying my new MBP.

    You can always make the argument to wait: January for Penryn (probably delivers in February), or next Spring/Summer for the new chipset... it never ends. Of course, that's part of the fun, isn't it?
     
  6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

    skyrider007

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Location:
    Bangkok
    #6
    Good reasoning! I'd probably keep my MBP for the next 3 years (until AppleCare expires).
     
  7. goranius macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    #7
    Amen to that!
    Orderd my 15" MBP SR 2,6 GHz on monday.
    It's being Assembled in China as we speek...
     
  8. linshiwen macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2007
    #8
    There you go, thread over.

    (same boat)
     
  9. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #9
    Dang, they work crazy hours over there.... :D

    Congrats on the new machine! I'm buying in Jan!
     
  10. TopRawman macrumors newbie

    TopRawman

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    #10
    Buying now. Majority of bugs have been addressed in the current year models. I also have until Jan. 8 (not including the 14 days after) to return it if I change my mind.

    If the new release is that much greater, I'll just wait until rev.B or C so there are no surprises.

    Cheers.
     
  11. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #11
    I'm waiting for the fictional MBP 11-13". It'll have been two years since the move to Intel in January, if there's no sign of it at Macworld, hell I'll just go with whatever's available.
     
  12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #12
    I am going to get one before the next semester starts in Jan. Probably going to wait and see what is announced at MacWorld.
     
  13. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

    MacHiavelli

    Joined:
    May 17, 2007
    Location:
    new york
    #13
    44/56 close results. Looks like Apple will sell even more stuff in Jan if it releases a new MBP
     
  14. nilocalling macrumors newbie

    nilocalling

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2007
    Location:
    Belgium
    #14
    I'm waiting until january, but don't know what i'll do if there isn't an update. I really need a new laptop by march for my internship (12" PowerBook is getting too small).
     

Share This Page