MBP now or new MB OCT-NOV?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by libraritine, Sep 8, 2007.

  1. libraritine macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2007
    Location:
    Victoria
    #1
    What should I buy? I been using it for mainly film and basic average computer usage, nothing too professional or GPU intensive, it would all probably be Macbook capable. But I have enough money to buy the MBP. These new rumors about the MB excite me, the new look, better graphics, faster speed and maybe smalle size. But all of these still wont be as good as the MBP obviously.
    Should I buy the MBP now, or should I wait a get the new cheaper RUMORED MB?
     
  2. Annndy! macrumors regular

    Annndy!

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2006
    Location:
    Halethorpe, MD
    #2
    The Macbooks and Macbook Pros just received an update not too long ago. Get the MBP now, you'll fall in love with it.
     
  3. Willis macrumors 68020

    Willis

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2006
    Location:
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    #3
    You may aswell wait for Leopard. Its due in October anyway. The next hardware update will be around feb/march I think.. (since the last update, Im sure that was the average)

    Good luck with your purchase
     
  4. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #4
    Wait until Oct -- release of the MBP 13" Thin w/ flash drive to boot AND leopard.

    Will be worth the wait.
     
  5. darthraige macrumors 68000

    darthraige

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2007
    Location:
    Coruscant, but Boston will do.
    #5
    I doubt a new laptop is coming this year. They would wait until MacWorld next year to debut that stuff.
     
  6. MK2007 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    #6
    It is so late now you might as well wait until October. I myself was going to buy a MacBook. The idea of paying extra for Leopard a month or so later did not appeal to me. I decided to wait a few months and then get it after I know Leopard is stable. In the interim I bought a nice Compaq Presario with Vista Home Premium today for only $450 on sale at Office Depot. It was quite a deal. See the Sunday advertising if you need a laptop quick and can't wait.

    I really hope the look of the MacBook does not change. I am probably going to buy the higher priced white one. The price doesn't really matter. I just like the color because I have owned a few iBooks.
     
  7. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    #7
    I needed a computer. I hadn't owned one for two years. So I bought the MacBook without hesitation.

    It doesn't seem like you need one desperately, so at least wait till Leopard. I don't expect MB revisions, but you'll at least get Leopard free.
     
  8. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #8
    Well, considering that both notebook lines receive updates twice a year, I think it's pretty likely that they will both see some kind of update. Granted, the macbook pro's update is a bit harder to envision because the new Intel chips won't be out by late October/early November (which fits with the mbp's update cycle). However, the macbook can be upgraded to SR in November, which would fit with the update cycle, and give the line a much needed boost before the Christmas shopping season begins.
     
  9. diehldun macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2003
    #9
    What do you mean by "new looks" for the MB? I didn't think (or have heard) the MBs were looking at aesthetic updates/changes soon.
     
  10. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #10
    It's all speculation, but have you noticed that the macbook is the only Apple product that doesn't have a silver theme?
     
  11. GavinTing macrumors 6502

    GavinTing

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2007
    Location:
    Singapore!
    #11
    I can't believe I didn't realise that -.-

    Personally, I'm waiting for the MB update to buy one.. Not sure when that is though =\ Just patiently waiting so that I can make the switch :)
     

Share This Page