MBP Now or wait for Update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macnator, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Macnator macrumors 6502

I am thinking of returning my Black Macbook to futureshop. I read their policy and it said I had 14 days to return it... plus they would refund my money. I am going to be buying a Macbook Pro instead. Now.. question time. I love the current MBP but should I hold out for that update that is hopefully coming soon. The current MBP is plenty powerful for what Im doing (some gaming, few heavy 3D apps). But should I buy now or wait. I would really like to have it now.

MN

2. wentwj macrumors regular

at the very least wait until tuesday, as there was a fair number of rumors pointing to the 12th. However, I really think it's unlikely that apple won't update it in feb, so I'd hold out (thats what I'm doing now, I'm using an old PC desktop for this month until apple upgrades the MBP)

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

yeah, wait till tuesday and make your decision

4. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Since you are on the fence now about waiting for an upgrade, I think you should just hold off a bit more. Even if the update is minor, you will kick yourself for not waiting just to have a week or two of instant gratification.

5. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I would say only wait for a little bit longer to see if the update comes. If you really need a laptop now I would say just go for it, but wait until at least Tuesday.

6. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

I am going to say wait as well, there have been soo many rumors going around about an update and it's about time for one too.

If you can wait, wait.

7. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

The reason I want to get it now is because the base models are on sale at FutureShop for $1999.99 CAD regular $2199.99 and my Mom doesnt want to spend to much more. She had a hard time paying 1649.99 for the Blackbook!
    anyway..... I think 1999.99 is as low as the price will get.. now im confused.:confused:

8. heatmiser macrumors 68020

9. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

$1999.99 CND for the base MBP vs 2199.99 regular price.. I think i may just buy it, seeing as i want it and need it soon. Any thoughts?

10. Skull21 macrumors regular

When do you need it by? I would just wait until the end of the month just like everybody else:).