Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bilbo--baggins

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
UK
I'm trying to catch up with Intel processor and chipset roadmaps - and I've read lots about Montevina from Summer 2008. Presumably Apple's surprise move to the MCP79MX controller caught everyone by surprise.

Where does this leave future MBP predictions? Is the next big thing likely to be the Nehalem mobile processor Q3-Q4 2009, or are people expecting something in the interim?

I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons of buying a Rev A model (with various concerning problems showing up already) with certain annoying limitations (max RAM only 4GB) vs the benefits of upgrading from my CD MacBook.

I'm sort of decided on going for the current MBP, but just want to make sure I'm as clear as I can be about what is known to be in the pipeline for the next 6 months. I'm not too concerned about Snow Leopard - unfortunately Leopard is the last time I'll upgrade the OS on the day of release. I've learned my lesson with that one... (probably Snow Leopard will be much better, and I'll be waiting unnecessarily!).

Ampidire

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
WA
This nVidia MCP is based on Montevina specs, DDR3, etc..

This *is* the Montevina MBP. So no, the predictions no longer apply because it's here, it just uses a different chipset to achieve the same goal/specs with more features (9400M, etc..)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.